EDMPaws

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining dog lovers from Edmonton and surrounding communities.

4 posters

Am I being ridculous or is she?

RedBeauty
    Yorkie

Am I being ridculous or is she? Empty Am I being ridculous or is she?

Post  RedBeauty Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:50 am

Hi, I adopted a puppy from a rescue. I currently live in an apartment, top level. My puppy is 3 months old and weighs about 20lbs, he is good with the no barking and crying and all that but he does get excited one and awhile and just runs around the apartment for a few minutes ( at max 5 minutes before he calms down) and she is banging on my floor like crazy not only that but its between the hours of 1:00 and 3:00 pm. Other than that we are quite and respectful but I am curious to whether it is ridiculous of me to thing that she is being too much or what. It is an apartment and he is a puppy and yes I do take him for walk and get him tired he just loves his toys and goes nuts on them once a day. Thanks.
    Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

Am I being ridculous or is she? Empty Re: Am I being ridculous or is she?

Post  Triton07 Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:04 am

I'm guessing you mean your neighboor downstairs....

She may not be a dog person at all, and if it's only for a small amount of time, I don't see there being a problem. But she may also work a different shift and she's trying to sleep at that time. Maybe go and talk to her to try and resolve the problem before she complains to management, which could lead to you not being able to keep your new puppy and that is NOT what you want!!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:12 am

If it's during loud hours, it's perfectly fine as long as it doesn't occur all day, every day. People living in apartments have to accept that they are living with neighbours usually on both sides of them, and ontop and below. Go talk to your landlord. I had issues with my neighbours when I lived in my apartment and I didn't even have a dog. I couldn't even hold a conversation with anyone in the apartment without them banging on the walls. Everytime I knocked on their door to talk about the issue, they'd never answer it. Cowards.

Make sure you go to your landlord before they do. It'll look better on your part.
    DobbieDobermanPinscher
    DobbieDobermanPinscher
    Jack Russell Terrier

Post  DobbieDobermanPinscher Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Before anything else, try to ask your landlord if dogs are allowed. If so, ask what breeds are allowed. Yes, some apartments allow only some breeds. Aaahhh good thing my landlord allows dobermans. Lol. If it is not allowed, then your neighbors can have all the reason to complain. Go find another apartment if that's the case.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 am