EDMPaws

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining dog lovers from Edmonton and surrounding communities.

2 posters

Dog Friendly Day Trips

Stones
    Yorkie

Dog Friendly Day Trips Empty Dog Friendly Day Trips

Post  Stones Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:35 am

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for dog-friendly day trips from Edmonton. Many times we have packed a picnic, got the dog ready, jumped in the car and drove somewhere for an hour only to be told our dog was not allowed in the park or on the trails.

We have bought an Edmonton Day Trips book, but it does not have any dog-specific information.

Does anybody know of any nice areas we can walk/hike with our dog and enjoy nature? We would be happy to keep him on a leash (we actually prefer on-leash only areas).

Thanks!
    asirovyak
    Yorkie

Dog Friendly Day Trips Empty Re: Dog Friendly Day Trips

Post  asirovyak Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:50 am

Hi Stones,

I know this is a post from a long time ago.. But I just registered on here today!

I'm not sure what side of the city you live on or how far you are willing to travel, but I love taking my boys to the Devon river valley. Summer or Winter. I use to live in Devon but have relocated to the city.. but still take them whenever I can.. I love the seclusion. Though I enjoy socializing my dogs, its nice to just be out on your own with them. Especially in the summer when the water isnt as high and you can walk along the bank and find your favorite spot! Also I never had any complaints about having them off leash or on. It's great, walking trails, picnic areas, everything.

Have you found any other places, or had and suggestions.. maybe I am unable to read the replies or just dont know how to access them yet! lol

Thanks!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:38 am