EDMPaws

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining dog lovers from Edmonton and surrounding communities.

4 posters

Looking for a breeder of Golden Retrievers (hunting dogs)

Jackie
    Jackie
    Pomeranian

Looking for a breeder of Golden Retrievers (hunting dogs) Empty Looking for a breeder of Golden Retrievers (hunting dogs)

Post  Jackie Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:25 am

I'm helping a friend who's looking for a new hunting dog, as his Lab is getting on in years. He's had Golden Retrievers before from hunting stock, and he'd be interested in one again. However, most Golden breeders I find are raising pets or show dogs.

Does anyone here know of Golden breeders who raise hunting dogs???

Thanks!
    -Jackie
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Looking for a breeder of Golden Retrievers (hunting dogs) Empty Re: Looking for a breeder of Golden Retrievers (hunting dogs)

Post  Admin Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm going to refer you to another forum: www.outdoorsmenforum.ca. It is a forum dedicated to hunting/fishing/trapping in Alberta and I know I've seen a lot of threads come up with people looking for the same thing. It's a fairly populated forum so I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for there.

Good luck and let us know what she comes up with.
    DobbieDobermanPinscher
    DobbieDobermanPinscher
    Jack Russell Terrier

Looking for a breeder of Golden Retrievers (hunting dogs) Empty Doberman for hunting?

Post  DobbieDobermanPinscher Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:31 am

This thread made me thinking. Do you think doberman pinschers would be great in hunting? I mean do they have good hunting instincts or are natural hunters? Or can this be done through doberman training. Just curious.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Looking for a breeder of Golden Retrievers (hunting dogs) Empty Re: Looking for a breeder of Golden Retrievers (hunting dogs)

Post  Admin Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:12 am

I'm not too sure on that one. I haven't heard of many Dobermans that are trained as hunting dogs, but I'm sure with the right training, they can become one.
    sonterra
    sonterra
    Jack Russell Terrier

Post  sonterra Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:19 am

DobbieDobermanPinscher wrote:This thread made me thinking. Do you think doberman pinschers would be great in hunting? I mean do they have good hunting instincts or are natural hunters? Or can this be done through doberman training. Just curious.

Can a dobe do it? I am sure they can with the right training, if they have the correct drives. However I doubt you are going to be able to out run/score a field bred lab/springer/GSP with a dobe. I can't see my dobie jumping into frigid November water to retrieve a bird tho.

Tamara McIntosh
    DobbieDobermanPinscher
    DobbieDobermanPinscher
    Jack Russell Terrier

Post  DobbieDobermanPinscher Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:27 am

Thanks for your inputs guys! Appreciate it. I also don't know if they are good in hunting. But I agree, with the right training, that may be possible.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 am