EDMPaws

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining dog lovers from Edmonton and surrounding communities.

5 posters

What's the best "cuddly" dog breed or mix??

Jackie
    Jackie
    Pomeranian

What's the best "cuddly" dog breed or mix?? Empty What's the best "cuddly" dog breed or mix??

Post  Jackie Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:49 am

I'm slowing down a bit and want a dog breed that doesn't need constant running. Looking for suggestions on breeds that like to cuddle on the couch, and a daily walk at "my" pace.

What are your suggestions???
    Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

What's the best "cuddly" dog breed or mix?? Empty Re: What's the best "cuddly" dog breed or mix??

Post  Triton07 Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:26 am

Check out this quiz, it can bring up both purebred and hybrids that suite your lifestyle!! Remember every dog is an individual, and puppies are ALWAYS needing supervision. You could check out kijiji or other sites and classifieds and see some adult dogs for sale (they've already got their temperment and personalities figured out) or even adopting a dog!

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/search.htm
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

What's the best "cuddly" dog breed or mix?? Empty Re: What's the best "cuddly" dog breed or mix??

Post  Admin Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:23 pm

I think it all depends on the dog's personality. I grew up with a cockerspaniel/poddle mix (the runt) and she is a sweetheart. Calm, loved to cuddle, very friendly, but overprotective (could have been cured when she was young though but never happened). She's still around too and she's 12 years old and in good shape. I would recommend a cockapoo in a heartbeat. But again, it all depends on the personality of the dog.
    Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

Post  Triton07 Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Sorry that link I posted isn't a great quiz, it used to have a lot more questions on it. I guess you can google dog breed quizzes, or look at the ckc or akc websites to learn more about breeds that cater to your lifestyle.
    kathogens
    kathogens
    Yorkie

Post  kathogens Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:15 am

I would recommend cocker spaniels...we've had four in my lifetime and all have been the sweetest, most loving and cuddly pups. Their personalities have varied of course, some being more cuddly than others, and some being more energetic than others. But whatever kind of dog you go for, make sure you spend a few hours at least with the pup before making a choice. This time will allow you to get a sense of their personality so that you can make a more informed choice as to whether that pup is right for you and your lifestyle.
    Jackie
    Jackie
    Pomeranian

Post  Jackie Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Actually I had an English Cocker Spanial when I was young. Never really liked the American Cockers, as they were usually a "few bubbles off plumb" if you know what I mean. I don't know if I want any dog with that much hair again either. It's a lot of grooming work. But I look forward to everyones suggestions. Thanks!
    CSG
    CSG
    Yorkie

Post  CSG Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 am

Here is a list of just a few breeds that I found to be very affectionate and loyal which may fit your lifestyle requirements:

As pets, majority of these breeds thrive on affection and will do anything to just sit on the couch, cuddle and enjoy a nice movie.

1. English Springer Spaniel
    2. Maltese
    3. Any sort of small Bulldog breed
    4. Papillon
    5. Bishon Frise
    6. Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
    7. Golden Retriever
    8. Bernese Mountain Dog

Of course these are not the only breeds that are affectionate and loyal, again it all depends on the dog but they are just some suggestions to provide you with a variety of choice.

Good luck on finding the perfect breed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:17 am