EDMPaws

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining dog lovers from Edmonton and surrounding communities.

3 posters

HAVE WE EVER BEEN QUIET.

Linda
    Jack Russell Terrier

HAVE WE EVER BEEN QUIET. Empty HAVE WE EVER BEEN QUIET.

Post  Linda Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:37 am

I can't believe there are so few posts the last few days.

I'm still trying to find the drugs for Smokey's LP and have got a lot of good advice on a few other forums.

I hated the snow when it came far too early but today it is gone and the rain has started to fall.

Smokey had to have his "snow suit" on for a few days when going outside (and he hated it) but now we traded the snow suit for a sweater and that is just as bad. Pepper has a built in coat so he doesn't need anything although to be fair (imagine doing this for dogs) I make Pepper wear his sweater. My husband just shakes his head when I try to get Smokey to play outside with the snow suit on but after a few minutes and Smokey's ball he (not my husband) runs around like nothing is wrong. I let the minis out in the 1/4 section for a good run (and did they ever run) and for some much need exercise - they are looking like little porkers with 4 short legs. I'm hoping they go to my daughter's soon. She has a better facility for horses in the winter than I do. There is a dog show in Red Deer in November - I think around the 7th - so that will be my very first show and I look forward to watching the pooches. Anyone else going?

Well so much for my post. Have a good week.
    Linda
    Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

HAVE WE EVER BEEN QUIET. Empty Re: HAVE WE EVER BEEN QUIET.

Post  Triton07 Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:52 pm

I agree it has been very quiet! I'm interested in what kind of advice/info you've gotten about the meds for the LP. I have been working every day for the past 8 days, so I haven't had a chance to do anything!!

I wasn't too impressed with our snow fall either, Triton didn't seem to care too much. His fur is quite thick (much thicker than a normal chi or IG) so he is okay for a few minutes in the cold. Had his first walk in days today! He really enjoyed it lol.

Where is the dog show going to be? And what time? I'd love to attend it! I've never been to one!!
    Linda
    Jack Russell Terrier

Post  Linda Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:10 pm

I haven't heard anything back from the other forum yet. There are a few names of drugs being mentioned but so far no one has answered my posts. The gal that was going to pick up some when she was in Montana delivering a puppy is down with H1N1 and sounds like she is having a hard time dealing with it so I wasn't going to bother her. She was the one that said to come to the show at the Westerner on November 7th and pick up the drug. I am going to try to get on the Westerner's web site and see what time it starts.

I would like to meet with anyone on this forum if they too are going. I think you and I are the only ones in the Red Deer area though.

Are you still using the 'raw food' on Triton? I will find the gal I mentioned to you that is whippet/greyhound rescue - her website and email if you still want to talk to her about finding where to get the ingredients.
    Linda
    Jack Russell Terrier

Post  Linda Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Here is her name and blog site. Hope this works for you.

Kelly S Thompson - The Faerie Laedie
    Founder, Faerie Tail IG/Whippet R&R
    http://iggywhippetrehoming.blogspot.com/
    Because they all deserve a happy ending.
    Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

Post  Triton07 Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Ah thanks for the link, I'll check it out! I think we are the only 2 in the area, but I'm sure there will be more soon!!

I just checked my schedule and of course I work on the 7th. Is it just the one day?? That really sucks!! I work 8:30-5!! Argh.
    Wow she has H1N1?? Thats pretty scary for her!! Hope she gets well asap!

As of now, Triton is still on grain-free kibble, just until we are all settled and into a nice routine here. Seems to be going well so far but when I have the time I'll look around and ask some folks about raw.
    sonterra
    sonterra
    Jack Russell Terrier

HAVE WE EVER BEEN QUIET. Empty red deer show

Post  sonterra Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:23 am

Hi,

I will be at the show with my sibe in red deer for the sat/sun. It is a 3 day show, Nov 6-8 at the westerner. There is a $3 parking charge per day now.

Tamara McIntosh
    Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

Post  Triton07 Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Oh cool, what time is it over on Sunday? I work until 2 that day...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:35 am