EDMPaws

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining dog lovers from Edmonton and surrounding communities.

4 posters

Did anyone see the Troubleshooter on Global?

Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

Did anyone see the Troubleshooter on Global? Empty Did anyone see the Troubleshooter on Global?

Post  Triton07 Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:09 pm

I was watching the news on Wednesday night, and when the Troubleshooter report came on, I was paying close attention. They were doing a story on an Edson breeder of boxers. Makes you want to research THAT much more when getting a new dog. I'm very glad they broadcast this information!!

ALSO! The article about the Toronto "humane" society!!! I'm pretty disgusted with that, but I'm so glad someone FINALLY stepped in. I know there are many places like that here in Alberta that neglect animals as well, but I won't name names. We'll just say that they do not do what they say they do, "better the lives of animals".
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Did anyone see the Troubleshooter on Global? Empty Re: Did anyone see the Troubleshooter on Global?

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:39 pm

What happened with the Toronto Humane Society?
    Linda
    Jack Russell Terrier

Did anyone see the Troubleshooter on Global? Empty Re: Did anyone see the Troubleshooter on Global?

Post  Linda Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:37 am

The whole board of directors were arrested for animal cruelty. The police found cats that should have been put to sleep due to illness being kept alive in their cages. Apparently the head of the board didn't want his "kill numbers" to be high and it was reported that he bullyied the rest of the board to do what he wanted.

You know the media - believe little that you see and nothing that you read.

I imagine we will be hearing more about this in the days to come.
    Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

Post  Triton07 Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:44 am

More updated on the news today.. The mummified cat in the trap.. I'm sure those people must have heard it, or remembered that they had a trap in the roof (of all places??).

I really hope that they look more closely into who they are hiring and what their intentions and goals are.
    Whipple
    Whipple
    Yorkie

Post  Whipple Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:55 am

I used to live just outside of Toronto. The humane society went to crap a few years ago. Im just glad it was all found out.

Hopefully it makes all other humane societies look at themselves and make any nessesary changes or fix stuff up. Maybe do hiring/firing thats needed. Its a wake-up call for sure.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:50 pm