EDMPaws

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining dog lovers from Edmonton and surrounding communities.

4 posters

Favourite Dog Related TV Shows?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Favourite Dog Related TV Shows? Empty Favourite Dog Related TV Shows?

Post  Admin Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:27 am

I like watching Cesar Milan on the National Geographic channel. But I absolutely despise the guy from At the End of my Leash. I think he is an arrogant, unorthodox, and barely helpful therapist. I laugh when tries to impose new techniques for couples to do to improve their relationship. What a douche.
    Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

Favourite Dog Related TV Shows? Empty Re: Favourite Dog Related TV Shows?

Post  Triton07 Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:54 pm

I don't get to see Cesar Milan, don't get that channel Sad lol

I do enjoy watching At the end of my leash. I think Brad is good at what he does with dogs. Couldn't care much for his "therapy" sessions. I don't get a whole lot of info out of those shows, but his techniques have been working for myself and Triton. I am on his forum and website discussing his techniques and you get so much more info out of the people that have actually worked with him.

I don't have any dislike towards any dog shows though! (I won't watch ckc, akc, or crufts though) I don't like how the kennel clubs prefer to keep unhealthy, "to standard" pups, over healthy "different" pups.

Ex) Rhodesian Ridgebacks in the U.K. that are born without a ridge will be culled. Ridiculous!
    multilmc
    multilmc
    Pomeranian

Post  multilmc Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:37 am

I have to agree with our Admin on this one. That guy Brad drives me bananas. I just think of putting myself in his shoes - if he were to come to our home and act the way he does on his show I'd belt him right out the door!!!! Cesar is just so much kinder and gentler! Maybe I'm just a wuss. ;-D
    Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

Post  Triton07 Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 pm

At first I felt that way about Brad too, but after trying every other method with Triton, I've gotten to like how he presents himself in the home.

He stands his ground.. Triton will scare off anyone, and talking to him calmly and ignoring him does absolutely nothing. Different dogs need different solutions though right!? Very Happy
    multilmc
    multilmc
    Pomeranian

Post  multilmc Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:04 pm

Well, that's true. Being calm works with Gizmo but NOT Hotshot!
    sonterra
    sonterra
    Jack Russell Terrier

Favourite Dog Related TV Shows? Empty dog tv shows

Post  sonterra Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Admin wrote:I like watching Cesar Milan on the National Geographic channel. But I absolutely despise the guy from At the End of my Leash. I think he is an arrogant, unorthodox, and barely helpful therapist. I laugh when tries to impose new techniques for couples to do to improve their relationship. What a douche.

I love caesar milan's show. That guy cracks me up. He is such a charasmatic person and so good with people.

I enjoy Brad Pattison's show as well. I do not agree with all that brad does or says tho. But he is helping people, and for as hard as he comes off on people, when they find success he is their biggest fan. It would be my estimation that Brad has a Psychologist on staff and that is where the relationship stuff comes from, because in most cases it is bang on, on what is needed for the human emotional side.

My favorite is called Top Dogs TV. It was filmed for the most part in western canada and quite a bit in Edmonton and Calgary. It is a really well rounded show, showcasing pretty much every dogs sport there is.

Dogs with Jobs is up there in my esteem as well.

Tamara McIntosh
    Triton07
    Triton07
    Boxer

Post  Triton07 Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Oh!! I forgot about Top Dogs! I love watching that too!! And yes they have all sorts of different things that dogs compete in. Agility, flyball, greyhound racing, track dogs, drug sniffers, the shepherds (not sure what they call the ones that do the insane courses...??), etc.!!

I don't have t.v. anymore though Sad Can only afford cable or internet, so I chose internet and I guess I'll try watch some shows online!! LOL

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content